Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What makes me happy

Have you ever been on a road trip with a husband whose been up since the break of dawn, a preschooler in his "why" phase, and a newborn? No? Well I imagine that you are imagining it looked something like this: arguing about what exit to take, while trying to keep a 3 yr old entertained and a baby happy who has to sit backwards in her seat..


And I'm sure it did look like this, but I choose to see a man and wife talking about their day at work, joking around like they always do, with a very well behaved toddler who never had one accident, and one very happy baby, who only stopped once to eat..



Because sure, life is full of circumstances in which we could easily find things to complain about, but really those circumstances are not what define us, the way we handle them, and ourselves are what define us.



Life is messy as it is, and by golly if having kids has taught me anything its this: Life is so short. And Im not going to waste it looking at the negative.



I try to write about what makes me happy, stay away from the negative, because as I have grown up, I have found that the more negative I am, the more negative my life is. Hence my rainbows and puppies writing style. Because while I do take things seriously and yes, talk about things that bother me, when I write its a theraputic, and nothing is more theraputic than happiness, man.



This Holiday weekend we took a little road trip, eight hours in a car with the people who mean the most to me. It was amazing. really, it was. We got to see some family and friends, and to see the look on my son's face while he was there, happiness 24/7, or 24/4 ( we were there four days)



To see how much he loves them, and how much he is loved. How blessed I am to have so many people care about my children. It touches me. To be accepted by my inlaws like I've always been apart of the family. It's awesome!



So this weekend we had impromtu dance parties, memorable trips to the worlds most expensice cardboard pizza shop, and 6 dollar icecreams..


But, wanna know what me and my children will remember??





They'll remember laughing, staying up late, getting candy from grandma, making cupcakes, dancing around and being silly.



They will remember being loved.

Because they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment