Tuesday, September 17, 2013

School.



When I think about school, and the fact that my first baby goes there, and rides the bus and has school lunch, I admit I get alittle nervous with thoughts that look like are the kids nice, does he have friends, is he nice, does he eat... and the list goes on for miles until I exhaust myself with the worries and accept that nature will know exactly what to do.

Change is inevitable. I know.. you know.. but when it comes down to it, it is hard, it is scary.

And knowing that this is right, and good is easy to say, but not as easy to live.

I know he is learning so much, and growing as his own person, and I embrace that fact like it's going out of style.

I accept my baby is growing up, I hold on dearly to the memories we've made thus far in his short life, and know that I molded him into the person he is.

That is something to be proud of, and I am very proud to be this boy's mamma, and his first love, and first teacher.

And now is the chapter of homework, new friends and a whole lotta new stuff he learns..


One thing, however that will NEVER change is my love for autumn.

nu-huh, no way no how.
 So I am off to decorate my brand new house with my soft orange tones, and gourds, and leaves.

I will leave you with my most favorite story Austin as learned at school:

Austin got off his bus, and like most days came in for a snack, Dad open his folder to read his teachers note. It  stated  that the class started "groups" at school, and each child is either in the apple, pear or pea group. It said make sure to ask which group your student is in

Keith asked Austin, what group he was in.

Austin replied " what's a group?"

...


No comments:

Post a Comment