Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Am I the only one who has all these fantasies about the "perfect" Thanksgiving or holidays?
Usually it includes the whole family wearing sweaters, sipping egg nog, eating great food, you know - the norman rockwell sort of fantasy. This is basically the epitome of me.

And usually it doesnt end up "perfect" as you planned, and things somehow go wrong, but it ends up being perfect because it wasnt "perfect"

This year was perfect, but not in the norman rockell sort of way.

I actually got ALL the food on the table, we all ate together, until Austin got sick.
Which didnt ruin it at all actaully.. I felt horrible for the little guy - to have a stomache virus on thanksgiving, not be able to eat the food, and just feel miserable. except that he felt great, was really active, just couldnt eat.

Needless to say, I went into paniced mommy mode, maybe hormones, but most likly just my normal motherly habits. Calling nurses.. you know. being me!

But at the end of the day, or 3 days that he has had the sour stomache, he is eating a little more now, keeping it down, and having a slumber party at meme's house ( which you know makes it better already)



our table
my favorite thing



Me and Daddy thought it would be super fun and stress free to shop on black friday. And while we DID have fun ( he loves shopping too) it did involve pushy people, agressive old ladies grabbing for the last tickle me elmo, and lots of PEOPLE shoulder to shoulder..

Anyhoo, Im glad we did it, we got ALL Austins shopping done, and WAYYYYY under budget..
DOUBLE SCORE!!



I hope everyone else had their perfect holidays too.

To many more..

No comments:

Post a Comment