Thursday, January 17, 2013

twenty-four

I am finding it so hard to fathom the fact that I am twenty four! I mean, in the grand scheme it's really still young.. But to me.. I mean, it seems like so long.
almost a quarter of a century.. But I am so proud of my twenty four years, I have an amazing husband, and together we have made this beautiful family. Every day my son amazes me, he makes me laugh, teaches me how to be a better parent, and also.. how to stock my fridge - my son can eat ;)


Quite often Austin wakes up quietly before me and Addy, he gets dressed, and even gets his jacket ready to go before he even comes to wake me up. This morning was one such day. He came in wearing this outfit, very proud saying " look mommy, I look handsome for your birthday"

this had to be the best birthday present I have ever had. My son is constantly melting my heart, with his cute words of love.
I didn't even bother to tell him it didn't match, because he did it out of love, and it looked so handsome for his momma's birthday

This time last year I remember eating cake with family, I was pregnant with Addy, and this year she was with me, in my arms, wiggeling around, squirming to reach that frosting..

Well.

She succeeded in her mission.

She launched herself towards the cake during our photo opp, plunged right in face first, grabbed a fist full of chocloate and started feasting, and all in a matter of seconds..

Austin helped me blow out my candle

Addy going in for the kill



She then proceeded to grab some cake, some ice cream, and attempted to grab daddys drink,but failed..

Needless to say, one sugar crash later Addy feel fast asleep dreaming of chocolate no doubt.

and so a chocolate lover is born...








I had a really good day. At work this morning a coworker said to me, something a long the lines of remembering to celebrate oneself, its important she said.
It made me realize, she is  right.
We need to love ourselves, me aware of how awesome we are, how totally hard we work to become better, to provide for our familes, to learn and grow as parents and people.

Of course I dont think she meant become a egomaniac who is self obsessed.
BUT, there is a line, and all good moms and women in general need to be aware. They are amazing.

And I am proud, I love myself, I am setting an example of self worth and love for my daughter, and son too.
So today, I celebrated myself. with my family, the people who make me happy, who give me my drive.
And I am so happy to be twenty four,
here's to twenty four more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment