Monday, February 18, 2013

outgrowing

Growing usually and mostly occurs slowly over time, so that it's not noticable, until it is..

Like my jeans becoming more and more snug, until one day I step on the scale and realize I've gained five more pounds..

When I realize my newborn is nine months old, crawling, waving, clapping.. When I was sure she was just a baby. yesterday..

Likewise, the little boy who made me a mommy, one of my soulmates, the little boy who completes me, is a full blown preschooler. With a larger than life personality, a thirst for knowledge, and temper, that I havent decieded where he gets it.

Or when I look up and see that my marriage hits its five year birthday, and has made it through the earlier, harder times, into a more balanced and thriving place. Married to my best friend, who makes me laugh, who hears my thoughts, and who tells me his.

I started this year full of hope for all the ways I would grow, personally, in my carreer, in my marriage, as a mother. I still always look inward to grow, to truly get to know myself, accept, love and acknowledge who I am, and for what I am. To know myself inside and out 100%.

I then realize something, I have grown, I can see it, I didn't realize it, because it happened right under my nose, but Im proud of who I am, who I've become.
But growing doesnt have a finish line, I want to grow my whole life.

Evolving into the person I will become, or already am, depending on how I look at it.






No comments:

Post a Comment