Saturday, June 11, 2011

Leaning in

I'd like to see myself as an active member of humanity, not in the I'm-gonna-win-a-noble-peice-prize sort of ways,but I feel connected to nature, to the splendor of God's earth, and to all his creation. I feel a basic human need to be loved, to be protected and feel safe. I pride myself on being my own person, which makes me a beautiful part of America, which is a pride to be apart of.

And in being, me, and in being, you we all are connected, in a really beautiful way.
We may have anything in common, we may even have clashing personalites, however,
our differences, make us the same.

And after our differences, and learning what equality really means, acceptance, and love for other humans - we must remember to love ourselves, and in being a part of such a beautiful thing - life, really.
We have to know who we are, stand firm in that knowledge, and remain strong, or learn to be, so we can handle what comes, be prepared for the " better or worse, richer or poorer" parts of life we all must do so.

I for one, fall into a peacful ebb and flow.
On the one hand, I love to be active, loud, extravagent, on the other I like to stay in, wear pjs, and watch a movie.

When life changing things come, like having a baby, moving, getting a new job I go through a process
of fear - of the unknown
sadness- of feeling like I am leaving something great behind
However, I also feel excitement, and enegry for what my future holds.

On days like today, when I am inching closer to my new job, where I will no longer get to be with Austin 24/7, when I make plans that go to hell, or when things just dont go my way.
I lean in. I pull myself in. I find myself thinking..

Change is fun, but lets be honest - its scary too.
I balance the pros and cons, but really those all dont matter - because the change is inevitable.

SO.

I am changing, I am now an actibe member of the work force, I am no longer a stay at home mom. Its really bitter- sweet.

Today I am nervous, and hopeful!
Today I love my family, and just want to make sure they know, how much they really mean to me.
I can get preachy or wordy at times, so
since most of my readers are the people whom I care most for - I love you! You are an important part of my life, and I couldnt see it living it the same without you in it.
Just thought you should know!

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment