Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Marriage

Marraige in all its unions, is a very unquie thing, and a lot of people enter, and mostly people exit.
Its something that people take advantage of, abuse, and neglect.

When I entered mine, I was only  18 years old, I was marrying my best friend, and at the time, was not aware of all the things I had yet to learn, and even all the things we had yet to learn together .

In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage. ~Robert Anderson, Solitaire & Double Solitaire


Women and men will continue to not understand how the other works for many a year to come, long after I have left the earth. But how great is it, to find someone you actually want to do it with for the rest of your life?

Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then. ~Katherine Hepburn







Our relationship consists of two completly different people, and yet, in our differences, we have found common ground, and a similar, loving, friendship.



In a time when nothing is more certain than change, the commitment of two people to one another has become difficult and rare. Yet, by its scarcity, the beauty and value of this exchange have only been enhanced. ~Robert Sexton



We are still young, but have made  it thus far, and are each dedicated to making our love grow, making our family stronger, and building a lasting friendship that will outlive this life. To shutting out the negative people and things trying hard to break it apart.
It's easy actually, we have learned ( often the hard way) who cares about us, and our best interest, and who matters to us. The road to this discovery held tears, pain and lots of lessons, but none of which havent made us stronger as a team.


After the chills and fever of love, how nice is the 98.6º of marriage! ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960








I look around and see so many people getting marrried, and beilive me I am happy for them, no one loves weddings as much as I do, however it makes me look at my own marriage: the things I want to change, the things I want to stay the same, and the one thing that I love: We are past the 'getting married' stage, we have been there and done that -  3 and half years ago, and its so nice to just be us..

Looking back, I put so much time and effort into dreaming the perfect wedding, and now, three years later, I see that I should have been planning the perfect marriage.

But see, without trying, I already have that. Through sickness and health, happy sad, rich and poor, are what we said, and that just means, holding on when things get rough, because they always get better after that.

More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse. ~Doug Larson



Im so happy that I am married, and to Keith - my best friend, the father to my child, my forever roomate, and everything else in between...

One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again. ~Judith Viorst



I love my mararige, my husband and my family! - Even when I cant stand them!

There is no substitute for the comfort supplied by the utterly taken-for granted relationship. ~Iris Murdoch

Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century. ~Mark Twain



Never feel remorse for what you have thought about your wife; she has thought much worse things about you. ~Jean Rostand, Le Mariage, 1927


Spouse: someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment