Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decorating for Christmas

Right on time, the day after thanksgiving,
snow came ( and stayed) we went sledding ( austins first time)
and we decorated for Christmas, and started counting down the days..

( 24 to go)

I have been collecting nutcrackers since I can remember, and as I have gotten older, they have grown over the past two decades. It is something I am very proud of.
I have cowboys, and soliders, bakers, and teachers, the wizard of oz, and firrefighters, police, clowns, snowmen, and penguins.. ( the list goes on and on)



I love to hang lights as an outline around the room, this is also something  I have also always done..
( with the added touch of bows on the doors)



This is an Xmas placemat, from grandpa.



This year we started a very new tradition.
We got Austin a mini tree, (about 3 feet tall.) We put it in his room, and decorated it with all his yearly ornaments. If he is a good boy, santa will leave him a gift on Christmas morning.

Austin loved to help decorate HIS tree




I also made wreaths this year..
This is ours




We hung our stockings, and are still waiting for Austins to arrive.
made by loreda..
What would Christmas be without THESE
Thank you HUBBY!!!






I have to admit, one of my favorite things about being a parent ( besides the poop, and lack of sleep)
is by far, being in the role of chosing what traditions we keep from our childhood, and what new ones we make. I love that about Keith and I, we both love tradition and want Austin to have them.
I love all the traditions we have, and all the new ones we are going to have.

And I also love being a mommy.
more and more every day it seems..

Last night, as were talking about all our plans for our baby's second birthday..
I realized that Austin is going to be in a big boy bed, and for some reason, it seems so sad, he is growing up so fast. I want him to stay in a crib forever..

haha.. well I guess we all have to grow up. right?

Merry Christmas..


No comments:

Post a Comment