Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dedicated in Loving Memory

This post is dedicated to my great grandmother- Laurette A. Nicholas, she passed away on the 31st of December 2010. She would have been 91 in a few short weeks..

Not knowing her on a  personal level. I cannot go into deep details about her long life.

But. I know one thing.

Such a women to have the faith that I have always heard from, to have a son, who loved her deeply, I know in my heart where this women, who is my blood, is today.

And because of her faith, and the faith  I also have, I know that the relationship divided through many generations in our lives, will one day be forgotten,and I will have eternity to spend time with the women who made my grandfather. We will talk, and get to know each other. This is something I am very excited about.

Having a great and profound respsect for life, and death, and religion and spirituality, I know how important life is, how love is the essense of our existence, and death is the end of our human and worldly lives.

Death is hard, for those left behind, it leaves holes the size of valleys in our hearts,it leaves sorrow and leaves only more questions about the "afterlife", but for those who beleive in the Father in heaven, we all have the calming satisfaction of knowing that those gone and passed are at peace with him, and are waiting to one day see us again. They are celebrating with others who have also passed. This is my calming satisfaction.

Coming from a young mother, myself. If one day my only son grows up to be even half the man that my grandfather is, I will be the proudest mother in the world. This means to me, that my great grandmother's heart must have been so swollen with love and pride for the child she reared.

I am the luckiest girl in this world to have finally met my grandfather and grandmother, after many long years, we met and made connections that will last until our own deaths. I am even more lucky to say that I am related to such a wonderful man and women.
I truly am blessed, and I hope, for my son and future children and grandchildren, that the good in me, is from him, and will be passed along in the generations to come.

May you rest in Peace great grandmother Laurette.

No comments:

Post a Comment